The Florida Keys is home to the three most expensive hotels in the Sunshine State with #1 Little Palm Island. This is the finding of a new survey conducted by Miamihotels.org.
In determining the rankings, the survey compared luxury hotels based on their cheapest available rate for a double room during the month of February 2017. That timeframe was chosen because it represents the high season for most Florida destinations.
At a rate of $1,395 per night for its least expensive room, Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, located on an island off Little Torch Key, leads the rankings. Coming in second most expensive is The Moorings Villa & Spa ($1,287) in Islamorada. Meanwhile, the Sunset Key Cottages in Key West rounds out the podium at a minimum overnight rate of $1,035.
The Setai distinguishes itself as the priciest luxury hotel in Miami Beach. To stay in this resort, which is situated in the famous Art Deco district, a guest will have to spend a minimum of $992 per night for a room. The priciest hotel in southwest Florida is the Ritz Carlton in Naples. There a visitor will find a room from $933 nightly.
The following table shows the 10 most expensive hotels in Florida. The prices listed indicate the cheapest available rate for a double room during the time period spanning February 1–28, 2017.
- Little Palm Island Resort & Spa $1395
- The Moorings Villa & Spa (Islamorada) $1287
- Sunset Key Cottages (Key West) $1035
- Fisher Island Resort $1030
- The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort $998
- The Setai (Miami Beach) $992
- The Ritz-Carlton, Naples $933
- Faena Hotel Miami Beach $839
- The Breakers Palm Beach $774
- Boca Beach Club (Boca Raton,) $771
Source: Survey reveals the most expensive luxury hotels in Florida