If you’re planning any Florida Keys Flights this year, check out these deadlines on best dates to fly. Moving an itinerary a single day could make the difference between a fare that’s a deal or a deal-breaker.
For spring break flights
Figure out when spring break week occurs where you live (check the school’s website) and follow these guidelines:
- Fly weekdays: Avoid the expensive kick-off weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) and fly cheaper weekdays instead. If that’s impossible, try a Tuesday-Saturday itinerary, as Saturday can be a little cheaper..
For domestic U.S. flights in spring, early summer
- Fly by March 16: Last day of cheap winter prices; higher spring fares begin March 17.
- Fly by May 16: The last day to take advantage of cheaper spring fares; beginning May 17, higher pre-summer pricing kicks in.
- Fly by June 9: If you delay departure until June 10, you’ll pay peak summer fares.
- Start flying Aug. 1: Fares start to drop, but only for weekday flights.
- Start flying Aug. 23: Fares drop across the board as cheaper fall pricing begins.
Source: Remember these dates for the cheapest flights of 2016 | WKYC.com