Florida Keys Community College invites kids, tweens, and teens to take part in the FKCC’s Summer Camps. Campers will have the opportunity to tap their creative talents, explore careers, expand their academic interests, develop technical skills, and make new friends. Parents and guardians can trust FKCC to deliver a high-quality camp experience in a safe, comfortable, and stimulating learning environment.
FKCC’s Summer Adventure Camps are comprised of one-week sessions that run June 12 through August 11 at FKCC’s Key West Campus. The variety of camps will appeal to a range of interests and provide hands-on activities designed for specific age levels.
2017 Summer Camps and Dates:
- Art Camp: Multiplication Math Mastery – Improve your artistic skills using math! Campers will practice painting dolphins, sharks, and nautilus shells using mathematical proportions. Campers will also create and share short stories to accompany their artwork. July 10-14 — $175 per week — Ages 8-12
- Art Camp: Stories of the Reef – Discover your artistic capabilities while creating paintings, stories, and sculptures! Campers will also learn about the local coral reef and the sea creatures that call it home. June 26-30 — $175 per week — Ages 8-12
- Aquafit Camp – Get ready for a week of non-stop action and fun at FKCC’s pool. Campers will develop swimming, snorkeling, and tennis skills in addition to learning about health, fitness, and water safety. June 19-23, July 31-Aug 4 — $175 per week — Ages 7-11
- Code Breakers – Discover the basics of computer programming, coding, and design using a Raspberry Pi2. Campers will build and take home their own tiny computer capable of internet surfing, playing games, and more. July 17-21, July 31-Aug 4 — $225 per week — Ages 8-12
- Cooking with your hands! – Discover your creative and culinary sides while making “green” crafts and simple, yummy recipes. Campers will also learn about dining etiquette, hospitality, and healthy nutrition. A tour on the trolley rounds out in this hands-on experience. July 3-7 — $250 per week — Ages 8-12
- ECO Adventures Camp – Campers will learn the importance of environmental conservation, sustainability, and restoration through hands-on interactions with the fascinating marine settings in the Florida Keys. Campers will try scuba diving, go snorkeling and kayaking and learn how to catch and identify common fish of the Florida Keys. June 12-16, July 3-7, July 17-21, July 24-28, Aug 7-11 — $175 per week — Ages 8-12
- Healthcare Exploration – Learn about health, nutrition, and safety in this interactive program! Campers will get to play the role of “doctor” or “nurse” by practicing patient care, including learning how to check vital signs on FKCC’s patient simulator. They will also learn CPR and other important skills. June 12-16 — $225 per week — Ages 8-12
- Jr. Lifeguard – Learn water safety and gain practical swimming, water rescue, and lifesaving skills. Future lifeguards will learn first aid, how to use an AED, and prepare for American Red Cross CPR certification. Campers must be 11-14 years old to attend. This program does not lead to a Lifeguard certification. June 19-23, July 31-Aug 4 — $175 per week — Ages 11-14
- Jr. Tropical Hobbyist – Through hands-on interactions in college labs, campers will learn about working with marine ornamental fish and what it takes to raise aquarium fish. They will investigate live feeds, water quality, and basic tank care and maintenance. Campers will get to build and take home their own aquarium! July 10-14, July 24-28 — $225 per week — Ages 8-12
- Jr. Scuba Adventures – Safely study the techniques of scuba diving under the guidance of professional dive instructors. Campers may earn their own PADI scuba certification. Campers must be at least 12 years old to participate. June 19-23 — $450 per week — Ages 12+
- More than Money – Calling all future tycoons! Learn the fundamentals of money, including how to manage a bank account and saving and spending in business terms. Campers will use their imagination to explore possible business ventures and identify personal skills and interests to help them become the business leaders of tomorrow. Aug 7-11 — $175 per week –Ages 8-12
Source: Florida Keys Community College | Summer Camps – Florida Keys Community College